Cookie Cheesecake Bar Recipe
Okay, so I have a recipe that will make life much, much better. Think about how cookie crust, cheesecake and (an optional addition) mini eggs would taste together… because you are about to find out. And, if there is one thing I can promise you, you won’t be sorry! So get your cute little apron on and get your BAKE ON! Also BEFORE YOU START…. I added in the mini eggs for fun and this can totally be made just as regular cookie cheese cake bars!
Cookie Cheesecake Bars (add some fun and make them Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Cheese Cake Bars)
Makes approx. 12 bars
(REMINDER: Make note that I have added Cadbury Mini Eggs because I am obsessed with these little guys. This recipe can be made without them and that’s what is so fun about it!)
What you will need aka Ingredients:
½ cup of unsalted butter (and make sure its at room temp)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons PURE vanilla extract (I beg you, please don’t use the fake stuff)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup and approx. 3 even tablespoons flour
A pinch of salt
**3/4- 1 cup of Cadbury Mini Eggs (OPTIONAL Remember this doesn’t need to be a mini egg recipe)
Cheesecake Filling (OR CADBURY MINI EGG CHEESECAKE FILLING)
16 ounces cream cheese or light cream cheese, room temp (two 8 oz packages from the grocery store)
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (the one you cook with not the one that goes on top of ice cream J)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Food colouring colour of your choice (OPTIONAL)
**1 cup Cadbury mini eggs (OPTIONAL Remember this doesn’t need to be a mini egg recipe)
- First things first, make sure your oven is warming up at 325 degrees! In the meantime, beat the butter and sugars together on medium until light and fluffy.
- Once butter and sugar mix is fluffy add in your egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and your pinch of salt sifting until evenly combined. Then slowly place into sugar mix until combined.
- (OPTIONAL IF YOU ARE ADDING MINI EGGS) -In a Ziploc bag or plastic wrap smash mini eggs into little pieces (how much fun is this part) or use a food processor to break up the pieces for you. Add Cadbury eggs to your cookie crust if you chose to take this step.
- Lightly spread some butter around your 9″ square pan so crust doesn’t stick. Spread cookie dough evenly in pan and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes no longer.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don’t want your cheesecake coloured skip step 3 and step 6, and if you are not adding mini eggs and making a classic Cookie Cheesecake Bars Recipe skip step 4)
- Keep oven still on at 325 degrees.
- Cream together room temperature cream cheese and sugar in mixer on slow- medium until fluffy. Add in eggs and your pure vanilla extract!
- Add in heavy cream at this point.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) Once your cheesecake mixture is combined, take about 3/4 cup of the batter and add it to you separate bowl separate bowl. Add 2-3 drops of food colouring of your choice to the batter you just put in a spare bowl. Set aside for now.
- (OPTIONAL IF YOU ARE ADDING MINI EGGS) -In a Ziploc bag or plastic wrap smash mini eggs into little pieces (how much fun is this part) or use a food processor to break up the pieces for you. Crush the Cadbury mini eggs. And then add the Cadbury mini eggs to the batter.
- Rub a bit of butter around pan with cooled cookie crust and pour cheesecake batter on top of cooled crust.
- With that coloured cheesecake batter add spoonfuls of mixture on top of the cheesecake batter and slowly swirl with a knife to get design of your choice!
- Place in the over and bake your cookie cheesecake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes. (NO LONGER)
- Allow bars to cool, and refrigerate overnight before cutting them. I would not cut them without them being in the fridge for at least 7 hours.
FEEDBACK FROM EXTRASPARKLES PLEASE
Take a sharp knife when cutting these cheesecakes into 12 pieces constantly adding cold water to the knife to stop any of the mix from sticking! Now just enjoy and watch everyone rave about them!
1 thought on “Cookie Cheesecake Bar Recipe”
I must admit these bites of heaven are addictive. Cant wait for the next batch!!